Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Family Update

Things here in Canneyville are going quite fine, thank you very much...

Addison is quickly approaching her third birthday on August 1st. She loves to play, talk, sing and dance. One of her favorite things to do is play teacher to her babies. She sets them up in our bay window and gets to work. She teaches them songs and a lot on the Christian catechism. 'Students' in her class must remain silent and sit still. Miss Canney is not afraid to deliver corporal punishment when needed. Addison is a big help to Melissa and myself. She helps clean things up, throw or put things away and is a great big sister to Emerson.

Emerson is about 14 months old. She has been walking for about two months. I affectionately nicknamed her 'monster' because she is always on the go trying to do everything her big sister does. She has recently begun to talk and sign to help her communicate. She says/signs 'yeah', 'more', 'please', 'thank you' and she can emphatically shake her head no. She loves to snuggle and play with anything that Addison is currently occupied with.

Melissa is pregnant. 'Nuff said. Well, maybe I can say a bit more. Melissa is busy running our home. She works hard to train the girls on how to behave. She makes delicious meals and keeps the house clean. No small task with all the little people running around this place. Her morning sickness that lasts all day went away earlier this pregnancy than in her first two, but she has struggled with migraines. We have been praying for her and she seems to be doing better.

As for me, glance to your right and you will see what I have been up to. Bethel Prep keeps me rather busy even in the summer, but if you call reading Lord of the Rings work, I will take it. Away from school, I have been spending a lot of time with the girls. Emerson and I got to be together a lot while Melissa and Addison were at Vacation Bible School for a week and I recently took Addison to the Please Touch Museum. Additionally, Melissa and I are quickly approaching our sixth year anniversary.

All in all, we are blessed. Amen.

No comments: