Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ready...Set...WAIT!!

Once, when I was about 10 years old, I was walking up to soccer practice. The team was scrimmaging a little before practice began and as I approached the field the coach started to holler for me to jump in and play defense. I was intimated because this was one of my first practices with a new team in a new league of older kids. I did not jump in and a kid scored a goal. The coach was upset and disappointed with me, thus the tone was set for the remainder of the season. I did not like the coach and he did not respect me as a player.

I share this story because Dad is not coming home from the hospital. He has been granted another week, and while I would love for him to be home, I want him to as ready as possible so that it is a positive transition. I also count it as blessing that Missy gets another week to prepare for Dad coming home. The move will be more difficult on her than anyone else, so I ask that you would be sensitive to ways you can help her. Thanks!

The target exit date is now set for next Thursday.

No comments: