Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Here Comes Bim!!

I gave my dad a call Sunday night. We talked for about forty minutes about a variety of things. I shared a lot of things that are going on in my life here in New Jersey. He was excited to hear from his Granddaughter Addison. She told him 'hullo', 'I luv you' and 'ga-night' among other things. =) She is quite the talker for a 19 month old.

Dad was open and honest about how things have been going. He said rehab has been going well. He did tell me, however, that he has been feeling 'blue' lately. I encouraged him that this was of course to be expected and that acknowledging how he was feeling would greatly help in his recovery.

Of course, Dad is excited to be going home Thursday (3/26). He has a countdown of days going on until he leaves that he informs me of each time we talk. He also has a count-up going on of how many days he has been in the hospital. Thursday will be exactly two months since his surgery.

We have decided not to do any kind of welcome home party. I think Dad would like to come home quietly with just him and Miss. I do encourage (with Missy's and Dad's blessing) friends to stop by, say hello and offer encouragement. Cards are still welcomed, as are phone calls. Dad still needs all our support and help.

Thanks!

No comments: